Abby is a fan of two braids right now, reminiscient of when she was half her current age. What she likes to do now, though, is choose the color of hair bands to tie off the braids - and in two different colors. Today for a very big "party" (Eric's grandparents' 60th anniversary open house), Abby wore a cute black and gray outfit with black tights and boots. For her hair, she chose chunky blue and pink bands.
"Oh, okay," I said agreeably, picking out two dark brown ones as well. You see, when you do her hair, she can't really see what you're putting in. Then we played stylist and I used the brown bands and we went to a very nice party.
Then, tonight from the bath I heard, "Mommy! I said pink and blue!" and went in to find one brown band wrapped around her finger and one brown band around a pudgy one of her brothers, with one set of eyes looking at me in wonder and one in disapproval.
Who has a memory like that?
1 comment:
I'm amazed by the memory of children too, especially when they say the words in a book without being able to read them.
Thanks for sharing your story.
Post a Comment