Thursday, November 25, 2010

Daddy Is So Helpful

Last night we got home from work and daycare and bundled inside; however, Eric stayed outside to shovel our driveway in the snowing, blowing, iciness that was yesterday.  Inside, a toasty Abby raised her palms and said, "What can we do to Daddy to-to-for thanks?" 

I didn't really get the question.  I said, "Do you mean what can we do to say thank you to Daddy?" 

"Yes," she said, hands on hips:  "What can we do to say thank you for-for-for being so helpful?"

"Draw a picture?" I suggested.

So she disappeared into her bedroom to return twenty minutes later with two white 12 x 12 scrapbook pages taped together.  (Taping is the new sliced bread at our house.)  She had drawn a large potato head holding a shovel and explained to Eric, "This is for you for-for-for being so helpful!  And this is you and this is the-the shovel and this is-is-is all the snow!"

Later:  "You-you-you can take it to-to work and show it to all of your friends!"

No comments: