Thursday, June 4, 2009

"Birfday Prez'nt"


Thank you for all of the thoughtful remembrances on our little dolly's second birthday!!!
She woke up to a stack of birthday pancakes into which I stuck two pink candles that she blew out. Cute, right? Well, the two pools of pink melted wax in the middle of the pancake stack were not so cute. Who knew that pancakes could melt candle wax? I had to cut the middles out!
I had a writing workshop for teachers new to the district today, so Abby went to daycare and shared birthday treats from DQ with all of the other kiddies (thanks, Nana!).
Later, we went out for pizza and birthday cake.
It was a big day and, admittedly, she only understood parts of it. I was surprised, though, at breakfast when I set Sue's pink and purple polka dot gift before her and she said, pleased, "birfday prez'nt." I had no idea that she knew the word "present!"

3 comments:

The Olsons said...

Happy Birthday, Abby! I'm glad you had a nice day. Hannah was definitely far more into the presents this year too!

gram ding said...

Happy Birthday Abby from Grandma Sandra. Sure wish I could have been there to help you celebrate

3dingsandadog said...

Happy Birthday, Abby! Hope you got our email yesterday. Can't wait to see you!