Saturday, August 3, 2013

Summer Company

We have thoroughly enjoyed welcoming company into our home this summer - mostly just for short but very sweet visits.  Yesterday we were able to spend an hour on the deck with a dear friend and her two girls as they took a break from traveling.

At one point I overheard four-year-old Elaina organizing a time-honored game of playing house.  She suggested to my sword-bearing son, "You be the dad, and I'll be the mom, and then we'll play.  Kay?"

Adam scuffed his foot a little, and I wondered what he'd say to playing the father figure in a tame and ordinary game of house.  It's not a game he plays.  Finally he answered.  "Kay.  How bout - how bout if I jis' go fishing for the day, then?"

"Okay!" agreed his playmate cheerfully.  "I'll go and get supper."

2 comments:

Carissa said...

Hilarious!

Mama Kleven said...

I feel honored to make it into your blog. Well, elaina and Adam are the stars, but we had something to do with that scenario, I'm guessing. :)