Sunday, July 21, 2013

Jokes


Eric and I went canoeing today while friends took our kids to Fargo!  In between slapping deerflies, I told Eric some jokes I'd heard from my dad.  I love to hear Eric laugh.  One of the best parts about having children, besides when someone takes them to Fargo, is that their jokes are free, endless, and unintentional.  Let me give you two recent examples.


Friday night we were at our church's anniversary celebration complete with a carnival and music.  Eric and I were running a beanbag toss, so we'd left our children to wander among the carnies on their own.  Adam returned at one point, triumphant.  "I talked to God!" he said.  I tossed a beanbag back to the line and said, "What did you just say?"  "I talked to God!" he repeated, and pointed to Pastor.  "He - he asked me about my Ninja Turtle!"  I realized at that moment all of my explaining about going to "God's house" had been completely misinterpreted.


This morning after Lake Chapel when we pulled into our garage in our four-door family car, we were musing how we could not take any extra children to Fargo with us for lack of room.  Abby asked, "Dad?  When we are going to get our Yukon?"  You should have heard Eric laugh at that one.

No comments: