Saturday, January 19, 2013

Waking Up on Saturdays

Monday through Friday I get up at 5:30.  Sundays I get up at 7:00.  But Saturdays...oh, I love Saturdays.  They are a wild card day and can range anywhere from 6:00 to 8:00.  It depends on when Abby and Adam begin to climb on you.

Today I made it to 7:45!  It was beautiful.  Eric left earlier to go ice fishing, so he served them until then.  After he left they made a beeline for me and clambered up, one on either side.  Abby started a tuneless and wandering rendition of "I Love You, Mama!" and rubbed my back.  Adam joined in the singing, patted my nose with his palm, and accidentally stuck his Jake's sword into my rib cage.

Abby said, "Daddy already left, you know, Mama, and he said - he said I'm in charge."

Adam said, "I - I always here for you, Mama."

Abby lifted my nearest arm and lovingly placed Teddy and Snow Blankie under it.  "You know what's special about Teddy today, Mama?  I'll give you a hint.  It has - it has to do with the cupcakes you said we'd make today."

I mumbled, "It's his birthday."

"What?"

"It's his birthday."

Genuinely pleased, "Yes!  It taked Daddy lots of guesses to get it right, but you got it right away."

No comments: