Thursday, January 3, 2013

Potty Trained

Adam made it!  We dangled all kinds of rewards, and none worked.  My new theory is dignity ... or maybe guilt?  "Mommy is tired of changing your diaper."  I don't care.  It's done!

Since we promised a certain underpants-sporting boy Chuck E. Cheese's since June when he first made its acquaintance at Abby's fifth birthday party, we decided we'd better keep our word.  He wanted Space Aliens because Chuck-E scares him, so Space Aliens it was.  We celebrated!  We swiped plastic game cards and saw electronic tickets won displayed on the screen.  Tokens?  Tickets?  Gone the way of the original Nintendo.  Sigh...I loved that thing.  Eric and I looked at each other, disappointed.  Abby and Adam swiped happily away.

I am so glad we went when we did, because the next five days were claimed by an unrelenting stomach flu.  Hey, at least our germs were only on plastic cards.  And on about 100 flashing buttons and levers.  Oops.

I'm cheerful today because I am not throwing up, neither of my children is throwing up, and I'm celebrating nine years together with a husband who is not throwing up.  Also, we are going far, far away tomorrow night - a whole hour away - while the kids stay at Nana's.

Happy 2013!




No comments: