Sunday, January 20, 2013
An Accidental Nap
Adam fell asleep playing on his iPod today ("I don' wanna nap, Mom!") while Abby and I played Go Fish at the kitchen table. Abby went to fetch Adam to read books and found him asleep, and I was picking up the kitchen when I glanced into the living room and saw her dragging an ice cube along his rosy cheeks. She got in trouble. A few minutes later I saw her stealing over to him again, but this time she tucked Bear into his arm.
Bear is pretty special, and I'm not sure I ever wrote out why ... since I'm counting on this blog to do double duty as our family's scrapbook someday, I'm going to explain. It was the summer of 2008 and Abby was one. We were planning to try for a second child that year so they'd be spaced two years apart. We were in Medora with Nana and Papa and wandered into one of those stuff-an-animal shops. Abby picked out Bear's lifeless fur and then watched in amazement as he rounded out with fluff. The storekeeper let us add a plastic wishing star into Bear, so I wished for a baby brother for Abby. When we lost the baby in between Abby and Adam I didn't know what would happen next...but Adam happened next!
Even though Bear is falling apart and losing fluff, I can't sort him into the Thrift-E box. He's just too special.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
An ice cube. Where do kids come up with these ideas? :)
Post a Comment