Thursday, June 30, 2011

Adam Doesn't Sleep

Help!  I'm so tired.  In the last few weeks, Adam stopped sleeping.  In his twenty months of life, he has slept through the night a few times.  Most commonly he is up once or twice.  For the last week or so, he has averaged five times per night, ranging up to SEVEN times a few nights ago.  Tonight he has already been up four times, and it's 1:30.  He sits up and calls out at the top of his lungs, "Mama!  Mama!"  He keeps calling until you go in and tuck the covers around him again.  It's horrible.  It jolts you out of bed, and there is no restorative sleep.  Just napping until the next scream.  My head hurts.  I'm exhausted.  Why wouldn't you sleep yet at twenty months?  How many months until we sleep again?  After the fourth time per night, you start making bargains...I would double our mortgage if I could just sleep at night. 

2 comments:

Carissa said...

Oh Kristi! I am so sorry! :( That is terrible. Hang in there; it will eventually pass. At least, that's what I'm telling myself. I haven't slept more than 3 or 4 hours at a time in at least 2 months. Although that might sound pretty good to you right now...

thepopesbabe said...

Oh friend - you are a strong woman. You are going to tell Adam about this someday . . . but I doubt you'll be laughing, even someday! Thinking about you - I admire you! Bring Adam here and I'll do some sleep training. Kidding, I wouldn't be much help. SO good to see you when you were in town!