So this morning Adam had a bottle at five and then all of us slept until 6:30 at which time the two younger members of the household arose and shone. Love is a choice [sometimes accompanied by a motive], and I chose to get out of bed and let Eric sleep. [Note: Whoever gets up with the kids on Sunday morning usually wins a Sunday afteroon nap].
We did the cereal and juice thing, played, and watched cartoons for an hour or so until Er emerged from the bedroom. "How long have you been up?" he asked.
"At five and then since six-thirty," I said. You see, your case has to be specific to be sure you qualify for the afternoon nap.
"Oh," he said, blinking at me. "Do you want to go back to bed now?"
"No," I said.
There was silence.
Abby looked from one of us to the other, trying to read the situation, and then gently reprimanded me, "But - you - you - you need to say, 'thank you for the offer.'"
1 comment:
Well at least there's a good sign that your efforts are paying off.
Post a Comment