Daily life has picked up speed again, and [confession immediately ahead] I'm so happy! You see, when you're home with kids all day, they have that many more hours to make messes. When we leave the house before eight and come home at five, the house has the same number of messes in it as when we left + one chip bag, plate with crumbs, and mug with a ring of milk in it by our brown recliner (Eric's lunch).
Therefore, the kind of work that makes you pause and logically consider whether to laugh or cry has decreased since last Monday. Example: Last night Adam threw his half-cob of gnawed-on, mushy corn under the table. No big deal. I would get it after the meal. But I got distracted by cleaning the high chair tray and wiping up Abby's spilled chocolate milk and, while I was not paying attention, Adam rescued his cob from under the table and crawled across the floor with it in one hand, using it to push off with and dragging it in the off-pushes, all the way to the living room. I tracked the yellow mush all the way to the middle of the living room and found the remainder, abandoned. I'm talking that kind of cleanup work. Teaching junior high is a breeze.
Abby got a cute haircut last night, with layers. The stylist suggested it! I took a photo of her this morning but I have about one USB port that still works on my computer and the rest do nothing. So it's hard to plug in my camera when I need a mouse, too...I'll get it figured out sometime...
Eric can't wait for bow season; the hunting channel has been going nonstop at our house, which kind of reminds me of the delivery room when Adam was born. But that's a ten-month-old story.
Oh, I finally figured out why I had kids! Abby has started giving me "muh-sajjjjez" in the evenings, returning three years' worth of Baby Magic softness that I've provided for her. I give her lots of positive reinforcement, and in return I get my neck, my back, my arms, my fingers, and my feet "sajjjjed." It's worth every penny of the lotion, even the lotion that ends up on the carpet and in Baby Adam's hair. Don't sweat the small stuff.
2 comments:
Oh, Kristi! I love hearing the tidbits of your daily life. :)
I'm so glad the start of school has been a blessing to you. This year is going to be great! Much better than last year. It's funny that hunting was on TV when Adam was born. The shows during Elaina's delivery were Jim Rome, Around the Horn, Pardon the Interruption, and Sports Center. All on ESPN, and in that order. I don't remember what was said, but I do remember those two hours of sports programming. I wonder what the show line-up will be this time.
Post a Comment