Sunday, August 15, 2010

Happy Birthday to Eric!

Eric is 30 today!  His mom put together a really nice birthday for him complete with dinner out and a requested pumpkin pie (try to find pumpkin right now, by the way - it's hard!) decorated with a canoe trip scene.  At first, when she told me Eric had asked for a pie, I was miffed, because he'd asked me for a pie, too.  That lasted about a day until I remembered that making a pie requires a lot of work plus dishes.  Jean, your pie was delightful. 

Our additions to the base birthday package were a Missouri Grasslands map for his upcoming bow trip in October and a run to BK early this morning to bring back bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits. 

Adam made it halfway up the basement stairs today before I caught up to him!  I was on the phone.  He can really book it now on those hands and knees.  He has four teeth and can do tricks now:  pat-a-cake, so big, high five, and buh-bye. 

Abby is saying very polite things now.  Yesterday when I was watching a movie, she stood in front of me.  This is normal, but then all of a sudden she shuffled to the side and said, "Oh, I was in your way.  Sorry."  What's that?  Awareness of others?  This is new.

No comments: