Tonight Abby and I took advantage of our library's once-a-week evening hours to go and swap out her books with new ones. (We are both head over heels in love with Mercer Mayer's Little Critter series, for anyone else with a two-year-old out there...) Anyway, right now swapping books means that Abby plays with puzzles in the play room while I browse the shelves; otherwise, she would decimate the Dewey Decimal system in no time flat.
So, I picked out a couple more Little Critter books, one about pigs in the mud, and If You Give a Moose a Muffin because we have If You Give a Mouse a Cookie at home and she likes it. So I went back to the play room and kind of fanned the books out to show her and then we left because the library was about to close. We got into the car and I said, "We'll have fun reading your new books tonight."
She said, "Yeah, and we read Gib a Moose a Muffin."
I stopped the car and looked back at her in shock. "How did you - ?!"
Then I remembered she goes to daycare. What a strange feeling when you realize that your child knows stuff that you didn't know that she knows...and, you know, it makes you want to know what else she knows! Sorry, I couldn't resist the corniness. My back and front and sides and legs all ache and I just want to go to bed for about three more weeks...
2 comments:
just wait until she goes to school!
I grew up on Little Critters and would really get into doing the voices. How fun!
Post a Comment