Saturday, July 4, 2009

Reasons to Throw Tantrums

Following are some perfectly acceptable reasons to throw tantrums, from a two-year-old's point of view:

1. Mommy pulled the stroller from the trunk, and I wanted to help.
2. I wanted Mommy to go up the OTHER flight of stairs to our apartment so we could race.
3. I wanted to wear my wet 4th of July dress that was hanging up to dry.
4. I wanted to buckle my booster seat at my own pace.
5. I wanted to sit in an empty bath tub and play after Mommy drained the water on me.
6. I wanted to enact a no-nap policy.
7. I wanted to put my diaper on by myself.
8. I wanted to eat chocolate chip cookies before lunch.
9. I wanted to unlock the door to our apartment that I can't reach.
10. I wanted to wear my princess nightgown all day.

Oh, there are more, but I thought ten was a nice, round number. More to come on the discipline battle...

3 comments:

Mama Kleven said...

I'm so sorry. My prayers are with you!

gram ding said...

YOu sound like a frustrated mom! It does get better

Anonymous said...

That was hilarious! Make sure to keep that list for her to read in the future!!!

I will let you know what my "teen tantrum" list is in the future with Kyleigh..LOL

Hang in there. There is an end to this...promise