Thursday, July 16, 2009

We (and the Bank) Own Our Home!

Wednesday at 10 a.m. somehow arrived yesterday, and now we and Wells Fargo jointly own a home together! What a romantic union!

I am going to take a picture of our lovely, decked pool and post it. It's the most beautiful part of our home and, alas, the most bittersweetly targeted for removal. Abby's fascinated by it. In fact, I knelt down by the ladder today to check the water temp and she, in typical two-year-old style, knelt right beside me and said, "I check it" and tried to lean over the water to grab the floating thermometer. I just can't do it. I don't care how many locks we put on the doors and gates...I have forgotten to lock a lot of things in my lifetime. I can't do it. The end.

In other, interior news, carpets are cleaned and my mother-in-law and aunt-in-law graciously cleaned cupboards, removed wallpaper, and scraped out an old carpet pad in one of the bedrooms today. My aunt in law had the tenacity to exclaim at the end, "That was fun!" I am so thankful for their help, as the end of the day found me wedged - yes, wedged at this point - into our bench-style corner kitchen table that was left with the property. I was contentedly wedged, mind you, and glad to be off my feet. My mother-in-law delivering Dairy Queen food awhile later was the icing on the cake.

Next step? Some texture for the upstairs walls followed by paint that has already been picked and purchased. After all of that dries we can think about making some trips to bring our earthly treasures around two corners, up one hill, and down one street - it can't be more than a little over a mile in between. I love small towns.

I also love small towns for the people. It's a cliche, I know, but get this: I called our city works department earlier in the week to set up our utilities. I said my name and I got immediately, "Oh, yes, Kelly said she'll leave the gate open for us to read meters on Wednesday morning. Then we'll get you all set up!" Note: I had not yet disclosed to the employee the address of the property I was calling about. So funny. And so warm.

4 comments:

3dingsandadog said...

YAY!! Can't wait to see pic's...I don't blame you about the pool, I felt the same way when Kyleigh was little...

Carissa said...

Congratulations!! I'm very excited for you! And yes, I too totally understand about the pool. You gotta do what you gotta do. :)

Can't wait to chat!

Garrett said...

Don't forget about the government; you really just rent your property from them.

Andrea said...

AHHHHHHHHHH, Congratulations! A POOL?!? Oh my, hard decision. You're a good momma.

Miss you, K!