Abby started this new thing where she squinches her eyes shut in anticipation of the camera's flash.
Actually, she has started so many new things! More than half of her communication, I'd roughly estimate, she tries to put into words now. It's no longer the ba-ba-ba nonsense; she really tries to make us understand what she's saying. We get a lot of one word commands now that we either hop to or lovingly ignore ... Examples: "Milk;" "Open;" "Go;" "Help;" "Shoes;" "Nuk;" "Mmmmm (that's "I want to watch a movie; put one in right now");" "Eat"...
Tonight Abby unloaded the dishwasher for me and stood on her tippy-toes to drop the silverware into the correct drawer. It was touching except for one small hitch: the dishwasher had not been run yet. But I just didn't have the heart to refuse a willing helper. For the benefit of those of you who drop by occasionally, let me clarify that once she went to bed, I reloaded the dishwasher.
1 comment:
How cute!
Post a Comment