On a whim the other day, after 400+ days of taking diapers to the trash can after changing Abby, I handed a tightly wrapped diaper diaper to her and said, "Please take this to the trash can." To my amazement and delight, she took it, made a beeline for the trash can, and dropped it in with a plop! This is cool, I said to myself, and potentially time-saving.
Later we worked on other things. I showed her the toybox and explained how toys should go there; I showed her the book basket and how books go there. Then I picked up a book lying in the middle of the floor: "Abby, please put this book with your other books." No problem, her look said. She snatched it up immediately and headed ... straight to the trash can, where it met the previously disposed of diaper with a thud.
I rescued a Little People chicken yesterday. I think we have a problem.
1 comment:
How adorable! :)
Post a Comment