Thursday, July 10, 2008

Drop-In Childcare

We discovered something wonderful tonight: drop-in childcare. I know, I know, some of you out there are thinking that there is no way you'd leave your precious girlie-o with people you do not know. I would have said the same thirteen months ago. :) We dropped Abby off tonight to play with trains and blocks with other kids and, $4.50 later, we walked across the parking lot to Denny's to enjoy appetizers and talk about ... Abby. How does that work???

I've been making a list in my head lately, titled, "Things I Love About Abby at 13 Months."

1. That I turned my back for three seconds yesterday and a fistful of unfrosted raspberry Jello cake for the church BBQ was MISSING.

2. That she can communicate perfectly clearly - all nonverbally.

3. That I answered a phone call last night then looked over to find her perched on the HIGHER step of the elliptical just before it descended.

4. That she grins like Miss America when she's standing ON the seat of her rocking chair.

5. That she opened her mouth for a kiss today while eating lasagna.

6. That she insists on shoe-wearing. She will carry my flip-flops from room to room for me so I always have them with me.

7. That she makes a forced "ha, ha" sound when she hears us laughing.

This weekend we are looking at houses and apartments! We have a crazily booked schedule, but maybe, just maybe, something will actually turn up. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Carissa said...

Oh, how cute. I would've loved to see Abby as she descended on the higher elliptical step. Do you think she'll try it again? :)

3dingsandadog said...

Good luck this weekend!