Sunday, March 16, 2014

A Brave Heart

I have treasured Adam's first year of Sunday School.  When his class lets out, he walks directly to our Sunday School room and sits against the exterior wall, waiting patiently for me to come out so he can retell his lesson to me.

Today I cracked open our door and slipped out to kneel beside him, as is our custom.  He smacked his little lips, sat up on his knees, and proceeded with the story of David & Goliath.  The details of how the battle came to be escaped him momentarily, so he handed me his papers and asked me to read the story aloud.  I did, and he listened carefully until I reached the part about David declaring that he, a boy, would take on the giant.

Adam placed one little hand on mine to pause me while he placed the other on his heart.  He said, "At - at this part, I - I just feel someping so brave in my heart. Cause - cause God was him, you know."

No comments: