Saturday, February 8, 2014

iFamily

I had been counting down the days until my contract with Verizon would allow me to get an iPhone. That day was yesterday.  I left papers scattered across my classroom and rushed to the store at 4 PM with my early upgrade email printed and folded in my purse.

For Abby, yesterday meant that she could now use a free app on her iPod to text my iPhone!  We texted all evening, sitting on the couch side by side.

Saturday is Pancake Day, but more importantly, Saturday is also Mom Sleeps In Day.  Four-year-olds and six-year-olds get that!  It only took SIX YEARS AND EIGHT MONTHS to be able to sleep in one day a week. That's not so long.

This morning I heard a gentle "Ding!" beside my head around 8:15 AM.  I picked up my favorite new toy and read, "Mom wack up!"

No comments: