Sunday, April 15, 2012

"Let's Build Some-ping"

Eric and Abby went to Fargo today after church, and I seized TWO HOURS of catching up on paperwork, bills, and grading while Adam napped.  I finally decided I'd better wake the little guy, so I went into his room.  His eyes were already open.

"Good morning, Mommy," he said.

Knowing how rare it is to have time with just one child at a time, I threw caution and selfishness to the wind.  "Let's read," I said.  "Or we could play a game.  Do you want to play a game?  Anything you'd like.  Let's go to Abby's room and pick something to do."  Memory, I thought.  Or maybe some alphabet flash cards?  Candyland is always a hit.  I mentally ran through all the things Abby and I have spent afternoons doing together.

"No," said my little boy.  "Let's build some-ping."

1 comment:

Carissa said...

Aww... :) What did you end up building?