Sunday, July 31, 2011

Adventure and Praise

So Abby and I got up early and went on an adventure downtown to get the school van so I can leave for yearbook camp in an hour.  We parked in the driveway and I went in to finish my hair while Abby blew bubbles in the backyard.  I took my bowl of Cheerios outside just to be near her, and I perched on a wet patio chair to eat.  She was sitting on the cement, smearing bubble soap here and there, and then she said suddenly, "I think we should say a little prayer before we blow more bubbles."  I put my spoon back in my bowl and bowed my head.

May this be your prayer today:

"Dear God and Father, we - we just want to - to thank you for this beautiful earth.  We thank you for - for the green trees and the blue sky.  We just thank you because it's fun.  An - An - an thank you for making the garden grow.  I - jus' - jus' love you.  In your ho-wee name we pray.  Amen."

"Okay, Mama, now we can blow more bubbles."