Saturday, March 19, 2011

Development of a 3.75-year-old

Susceptibility to Advertising

[from living room during Saturday morning cartoons] "Mama!  You - you - got to get me that sing [thing] that - that has a board and - and it floats, Mama!  Kay, Mama?  For my birfday.  I really like that.  [pause 30 seconds] Mama!  I - I - I really like that doggie that talks, Mama!  It's - it's a chihauha and it - it sings, Mama!  For my birfday, I want that.  [pause 30 seconds] Mama!  I really hope that we - we can eat at Space Aliens, Mama."

Ethics

[anytime, anywhere] "I - I - I had this first, Mama, and Adam's trying to take it away!"

Rational Thought

[in car from backseat] "Does everyone start out little, Mama?  As - as a baby?"

"Yep - everyone."

"Did you start as a baby, Mama?"

"I did."

"Oh."

[pause]

"Because God puts babies in tummies."

"Yeah...Mama?"

"Yes?"

"Doesn't it - it - hurt when the baby comes out of your tummy?"

"It sure does."

No comments: