Today was an Abby-Adam-Mom Day, because school was closed and daycare was closed. We ran errands, ate lunch with Nana, and played around the house, but by the time I was doing dishes after dinner I had grown weary of "the voices" that had been echoing/screaming/laughing/demanding/crying/exclaiming/ questioning/etc since 6:30 AM. (oh, just wait, Tim and Cariss!).
Then Abby said mysteriously, "I'm going downstairs. I will be back, Mama."
"Okay," I said, surveying the peas and mashed potatoes on the ketchup bottle and on the floor.
Minutes passed and I heard someone little laboring up the stairs. She was carrying a basket full of clean socks and kids' clothes from the dryer, hoisting it step by step. I knelt to receive it at the top, afraid she would topple. She passed it off and said importantly, "And now I will get the other one" and hurried down to bring up a second basket, already loaded.
By the time she had bumped her way up the stairs a second time, I was tearing up. "You made my night, Babe," I said. "You knew I was tired and you helped me."
She patted my head and exclaimed grandly, "MYYYYYYY pleasure!"
2 comments:
Oh how sweet!!
Love it!
Post a Comment