Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pneumonia and a Duck on a Stick

After eleven days of crying, two doctors' visits, one ear infection, one chest x-ray, and one blood draw...we found out Adam has pneumonia.

As my wise friend Carissa pointed out, it's good to know what's going on so it can be treated.

Our moms have been supermoms these past two weeks. Jeanne had Adam all five days last week because he couldn't be at daycare (plus Abby for two of those days), and my mom just drove spur-of-the-moment five hours on Sunday to help out this week when I said I couldn't take all of the crying and no sleep any longer.

In other non-sick news, Mom and I took Abby to the Winter Show exhibits tonight and she was gifted with all kinds of free stuff and a $3 duck on a stick. Yeah, on a stick. And I actually paid for it.

4 comments:

Carissa said...

Yay for moms!

Like, a toy duck on a stick? A rubber duck? A sucker in the shape of a duck? A stuffed animal duck? :)

Mama Kleven said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your little one! Elaina had pneumonia and RSV last week and I was home with her for a week. It's so hard when your little guy is so little....I hope you are getting some sleep now!

Random Ideas said...

Sorry to hear about Adam. I like your blog alot, keep up the good writing!

3dingsandadog said...

Sorry Adam was sick. Haven't been on your blog for awhile. Hope everyone is feeling better now.. :)