So the other night Eric and I were doing dishes because he said I can't stack them on the counter anymore to dry. (I was upset about this until I figured out how to manipulate the situation: "I won't stack them on the counter if you dry them.")
So I'm washing dishes and Eric is wiping a plate, rethinking the whole counter thing, and Abby comes in with a request: "I want Baby Adam in my woom (room)." This request would have been categorically denied in the first few weeks of our expanded family's existence, but now that he's almost a month and Abby is more careful, we said what the heck.
I carried Adam in on a boppy and placed him safely on one side of Big Sister's toddler bed. He was napping. Abby climbed up with an armful of books and started reading to him. It was precious. I went back to the kitchen but periodically tip-toed down the hallway to see if things were okay.
On one such trip I observed Abby looking up from her book and saying disprovingly, "Open you eyes. Open you eyes."
Funny, I feel the same way when I'm teaching junior high!
1 comment:
Maybe Abby will be a teacher, too, when she grows up. :)
Post a Comment