Monday, August 17, 2009

Vacuuming

This morning I got the giggles while I was vacuuming and simultaneously contemplating how life gets harder. Now, thankfully, God doesn't let it get harder all at once; he makes sure you're up for it (like training for a race).

Example: Take a look at the household chore of vacuuming on a continuum of hard (1) to harder (6). Note: HardEST may still be coming, so the continuum is, really, incomplete.

1 - vacuuming in perfect health when you'd rather be watching a movie

2 - vacuuming while 7 months pregnant when you'd rather be watching a movie

3 - vacuuming while holding a toddler who is afraid of the vacuum (you no longer remember movies except Dora and Pooh)

4 - vacuuming while 7 months pregnant and holding a toddler who is afraid of the vacuum

5 - vacuuming while 7 months pregnant and holding a green-gilled toddler who has the flu and is afraid of the vacuum yet you must continue because the new carpet just took a direct hit of secondhand bagel, banana, and milk and your can of Spot Magic says you must complete the cleaning with thorough vacuuming...

6 - doing everything in #5 but laughing, too, because you can't wait to blog about it!

2 comments:

Carissa said...

Oh dear. Poor Abby. Poor you. :) Why is she afraid of the vacuum, I wonder? And why are there two "u"s in vacuum, anyway?

Andrea said...

I'm laughing now, too. We got the package you sent - you're too much, we LOVE it all! I'm sending some pics with your thank-you. Our girls must meet!