Eric could have killed me tonight - and just two days after we happily celebrated five years of marriage, no less! Here's the story:
I made an appointment awhile back to fix our faulty AutoStart in our Grand Prix. I had opted for a cheaper version in Grand Forks that now locks our car doors and pops the trunk at will and often, it seems, when we're not looking. Anyway, I remembered last night that our appointment was this morning. To juggle dropping the car off, getting Abby to daycare no earlier than 7:45, and making it to work on time ourselves, which is one at 7:45 and one at 8:00, was no small feat - impossible, actually, as those of you who are reading closely probably noticed. Anyway, add to that the fact that we had to change over the car seat and wrangle poor Dolly in and out of the back of the little green Escort...and then drive all the way out to the interstate on the permanent state of ice that was once roads...well, you have there quite a task. But we got it done!
So I called from the school, then, to let them know we'd left the car and where the keys were, etc. AND IT TURNS OUT MY APPOINTMENT IS TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY.
I finally emailed Eric at the end of the day to tell him my [small, quite understandable] mistake, and he emailed back, "Yeah, right."
He didn't believe me, actually, until we reached the abandoned Prix at the service station and it unlocked with his old AutoStart.
When we arrived back home, Eric braved the freezing temps immediately and did the work of changing the carseat back over again to the Prix, but, as he tightened the last strap, he noticed that the front tire was going flat.
Needless to say, the three of us then executed a repeat of the morning mayhem, this time dropping the Prix off at the tire center before journeying home together in our little two-door. We joke that we have the chiropractor on speed dial ... and if you don't know what I mean, then you probably have never put a 27-pound toddler in the back of a two-door Escort. Smart.
Sometimes you just have to laugh ... while eating fresh blueberry pie from Leevers for comfort.
4 comments:
Yup, life is interesting at times!
Sounds like one BUSY Mommie......
Leslie J Pesek
Funny. Well, not funny, but I can relate. I do stuff like that all the time! Hope all is well other than the absent-minded professor business. :)
Well, at least you got pie out of the deal.
Post a Comment