Saturday, October 25, 2008

Positive ID

Something blogworthy happened this morning as we were getting ready for our Bismarck trip to meet Grandma and Great-Grandma!

Abby has a new habit of sitting in my lap while I put on my makeup in front of the full-length mirror. I sit cross-legged, and she fits herself into the space that's left and "helps" to touch and inspect all of my makeup as it goes on.

Anyway, up until today every time she has seen her reflection in a mirror she has said, "Baby!" But today she looked in the mirror and said, "Abby!" (Actually, "App-bee").

Testing her, I pointed to MY reflection, and she said, "Mom." I made her name both of us again, and then we threw our hands up in a cheer (well, I did, first, and she copied).

What we have here, folks, is a positive ID. :)

2 comments:

3dingsandadog said...

Yay!! Just wait a few more months...she will be non-stop talking!!!

Mama Kleven said...

wow that's cool. It's so weird to think that there's one of those growing inside me that will at first just be a wiggly body and then a little girl with a personality who can think and talk and stuff.