


I've started putting a barrette in Abby's hair when she's not aware of it, and it makes her look so big! She IS getting big, in fact, and even tipped the scales at 20 pounds last week.
She does something new every day, but one that's puzzling us right now is a shrill scream. She does it when she's either happy or upset, but it is much louder and accompanied by an arching back and thumping feet when upset (e.g., when we are changing her diaper). To all of you veteran parents out there (or to anyone who has an idea), does a 10-month-old realize she's throwing a tantrum and, if she does, what is to be done about it at this age?
Any and all advice is welcome!
2 comments:
At her age I don't think she is throwing a tantrum to manipulate you. I think it is more that she is simply reacting to what she doesn't like in the only way she knows how. You will have to be careful so as not to reinforce that behavior. It will probably go away if it doesn't get the desired results and as she becomes more able to express herself in other ways.
I agree with gram ding. I think she'll grow out of it as she learns to express herself. I can see how it would be hard to deal with and even embarassing at times, but I think as long as you don't reinforce it when she gets older, it'll subside to a certain extent. But what do I know? I'm not a parent. So, here's a grain of salt.
Post a Comment