I'm not sure when or how it first happened, but I looked down the other day and realized I was holding Abby upright in one arm, her bottom resting on my forearm, her torso unsupported with her little hands voluntarily grasping my shoulder. This, I said to myself, is not how you hold a newborn, which either means (A) I am an unfit mother or (B) Abby is no longer a newborn! Thankfully, all evidence points to B! Abby demands to be held so she is sitting or "standing" now; realizing she is about to be put down on her back is cause for noisy and immediate protest. If I can arrange enough blankets just right around her boppy to feign sitting, she's happy.
This week's agenda includes helping with VBS, getting my classroom ready at the high school, taking care of a few last childcare details, and seeing Abby and Eric off to Daddy Boot Camp where Eric is going to help out as an instructor! He attended the class, sponsored by Altru, right before Abby was born, and now he's back as the veteran. Apparently Abby will serve as a classroom prop so other dads-to-be can practice changing diapers! Hey, I'm all for it! :)
This week's agenda includes helping with VBS, getting my classroom ready at the high school, taking care of a few last childcare details, and seeing Abby and Eric off to Daddy Boot Camp where Eric is going to help out as an instructor! He attended the class, sponsored by Altru, right before Abby was born, and now he's back as the veteran. Apparently Abby will serve as a classroom prop so other dads-to-be can practice changing diapers! Hey, I'm all for it! :)
1 comment:
I think I would laugh a little bit if she cried the whole time. Give those dads-to-be the real experience, you know?
Post a Comment