Last night Eric put the kids to bed while I was out at a Cafe Concert with friends. Between that time and the time we both wound down, Adam was up three times, crying and having scary dreams. Around 11:30 I finally climbed into bed with him to hold him. My heroic husband would have none of it; he sent me downstairs and lifted the sleeping boy into our bed with him.
In the morning an excited voice and story reached me through the shower curtain. "And - and I was sleeping in - in my bed and then - then - I disappeared into Daddy's bed!"
Eric filled in the gaps later. Apparently Adam woke up, surprised, within ten minutes of being carried into our room, and he popped out of bed and went back to his room to sleep soundly.
Guess the surprise of a Daddy abduction trumps scary dreams!
No comments:
Post a Comment