Adam loves his cowboy hat because Woody wears one on Toy Story; but it's Winter Show weekend here and the obsession has reached problematic heights.
First, the Winter Show booths do not open until ten and we get up here at six. That's a long wait. I tried to explain to Adam around eight why we couldn't go yet.
"I uhna see amals [I want to see animals]!"
"Yes! We will go when it opens."
"I uhna - wear - uh - cowbohy [hat]!"
"Yes, you can wear it around the house until ten, and then you can wear it to the Winter Show."
"I uhna - go now!"
"It's locked right now."
[pause] "We neeha [need a] - key!"
"I don't have a key."
"We - neeha [need to] - wook [look] fohr one! We fine it!"
"Um, baby, they just haven't given me a key to even look for."
"We - neeha - wook in you puhrse [purse]!"
Ten minutes later there was a major meltdown because the cowboy hat wouldn't fit over the stocking hat to go outside and play.
No comments:
Post a Comment