The school year is off to a good start with three workshop days and two student contact days already behind me! I like being back in the middle of it all. Abby starts preschool on Monday, which she'll attend three days a week. She'll have to bus about five blocks from her daycare each day. On Monday Eric is going to ride both ways with her!
Eric is out goose hunting and then plans to help with harvest all day, so we're having a lazy waffle (umm, frozen) and eggs (yeah, I made those) morning with some Silly Songs on the TV. Adam just came and pulled me away from my flat iron and led me to the kitchen cupboard where he pointed up: "Nak!"
"You want a snack?" I can't resist asking this in return, because then he'll bounce, pump his arm, and shout, "YAHHHHHHH!"
I pulled down a bag of suckers and Laffy Taffy, and he reached in carefully and pulled out a lemonade-flavored sucker by the stick. His automatic reflex upon getting one snack is to say, "Ad'n," which means, "Abby needs a nak, too." He reached in again and this time drew out a Tootsie pop by its stick.
He stood looking at both for awhile, noting the differences, and I watched to see what would happen. I know he has a special place in his tummy for Tootsie Pops.
After some thought he slyly crooked the Tootsie Pop behind his back, elbow bent, and toddled down the hall to offer the other, visible sucker to his sister. Coming back, his elbow uncrooked and he made his way back to the Silly Songs.
No comments:
Post a Comment