Sunday, April 17, 2011

Flood, Snow, and Cold(s)

Hello, all -

We had three outdoor picnics a couple of weeks ago, mud welcome, and we strollered there.  The kids were not sneezing or warm, their eyes were bright and cheerful, and I was delighted.

Um.

Then it continued to flood.  We have only one bridge in town yet above water.  Then it piled snow on our flood so insistently and deep that school closed.  At this point both kids developed another cold and Adam is now hot, crying, and pulling on his ears.

I am really, really trying to be okay with all of this, but I'm having a very hard time.  Maybe you could visit?  I'll draw you a map of how to cross our one bridge and get here without being broadsided by a sand truck.  If you would visit, it would help all of us to cope a little bit with losing spring!

Abby yesterday, "Mama?  When - when will spring come?"

Silence.

"And-and-Mama?  Why are the trees not having leaves yet?"

Silence. Depression. 

Daddy:  "Abby, that is a very good question."

2 comments:

Carissa said...

Oh. :( This is all very sad. :(

The Olsons said...

I'm so sorry that winter is hanging on so long out there! We are getting hints of spring, but am SO TIRED OF THE ENDLESS ROUNDS OF COLDS in our house. If you figure out a way to stop them, I would be forever grateful... I fear though it would require getting rid of the children... and I'm a bit too attached to do that:-).