Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Dinnertime Conversation

E: ...Amen.

A: There's another one.

E: I know, but we did another prayer tonight.

A: But there's another one.

E: You want to do the Superman prayer? Okay.

E, K, A: Thank you, Lord, for giving us food! Thank you, Lord...(with Superman gestures)

K: So what did you do at daycare today?

A: I didn't push Gracie or stick out my tongue or hit.

K: Good. (Wow, that lesson a month ago really stuck.)

A: And Tee was a T-Rex and Cayden was a T-Rex and there were two T-Rexes!

K: Oh, that's great. And, Er, I really like the way it's all going at work, but

E: But? But?

A: No, Daddy, we don't say that word.

K: (Giggle) Yeah, Dad. We don't say that word! Abby, eat your noodles.

A: And the moon followed us, Daddy, on our walk last night! It followed us!

E: Oh, I see. Eat your noodles.

A: Baby Adam doesn't want his food.

K: Yes, he does. He's eating.

A: Baby Adam can't have noodles because he doesn't have teeth.

K: That's right.

A: And I eat my noodles so I can grow big and strong like you. You big, Mommy.

K: Thanks.

2 comments:

Carissa said...

Oh, I love it! I'm sure she meant it in the nicest way. :) Maybe she doesn't get the difference between big and tall yet. :)

Rutgers Family! said...

This is so cute!!! Haha!!!