Abby's regular daycare provider is on vacation until next Wednesday, but I was able to get her into another home daycare until then - the mom of one of my eighth graders (and, yes, he is turning out pretty well!). I was SO WORRIED about leaving her in a new place even though we visited together for forty-five minutes just to play on Wednesday. When I picked her up at 2:00 today (school let out early due to all the snow!), here was the report:
She didn't cry when she realized I was gone; she just went to the window and said, "Mom?"
She finger-painted two pictures.
She played a lot with an agemate with poofy hair (I saw digital pics for proof).
She ate two helpings of lasagna and all of her applesauce (her shirt WAS proof).
She ate birthday cake.
She went to sleep rubbing her nose with her snowman blanket on command at 1 p.m. sharp.
NICE! These are things a mother loves to hear!
And if only all of us could have had a to-do list like this today! Fingerpainting, check! Friend with poofy hair, check! Birthday cake, check! All right, I'm done. I'm going to rub my nose and fall asleep for the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment