This is it! It's Sunday night and summer is over. School kicks off for me with two days of workshops tomorrow at 8 a.m. I am ready for routines I can control again . . . A 15-month-old has a routine, I guess, but it's not like I can write in my planner: Nap 1:00 - 2:00 and have it happen. I CAN write in my planner: Staff meeting: 8:00 - 8:30 rain or shine.
Abby's starting to try more words now. She gets out the first letter/syllable and stops. Keys are "kkk" and bath is "baa." Oh, I guess you probably need two full-size front teeth to get that "th" on there!
Eric helped with harvest all weekend so Abby and I visited our first church in Valley City (besides Lake Chapel) alone. She was an absolute terror, and their nursery was under contruction so I couldn't use it. She went up and down our mostly empty pew, pulling the offering envelopes and pencils out. If I picked her up, she'd scream, and it was a church with a really open floor plan (which is good, most of the time) so even if I took her out of sight to the side her little running feet and protests echoed on the hardwood. I thought about just leaving and going outside with her, but then, what was the point of trying out the church if I missed everything that happened?
On a more positive note, she loves to "dance" now. A little girl at daycare loves to sing and dance to CDs, so now when Abby hears music she stamps her feet really quickly like she's putting out a fire. :) Someone should probably break it to her that her chances of being musical are around 0, but as they say, we all should DANCE ANYWAY.
2 comments:
Good luck with your new class! I'm sure it will be nice to be back into a routine.
Abby, you go girl...Dance like no one is watching!! :)
How's school going? Any naughties? Any favorites?
Post a Comment