Saturday, May 3, 2008

May Flowers







I can't believe it's taken me two weeks to get another post up! Abby is definitely saying "bottle" and she's also saying "mom." Sometimes she even says "bottle, mom" and then I know I've received my orders!


She has taken a few small steps, more by accident that on purpose (as in, oh, my, I'm standing and I'm going to fall and maybe these feet can help to break the fall).


Eric got up at 6 a.m. with her today, so I was rested enough to take the next shift beginning at 8. Abby and I took a few pictures that I'll put up.

We have four weeks left at EGF High. Yesterday I came to school to find a pink rose on my desk with a note handwritten in markers on construction paper, "Thanks for all you do." None of the teachers I asked knew anything about it (and I don't do anything for them anyway!), so I'm left to think it was dropped off by a student, probably not the one I sent to the office on Thursday. I was pretty touched by that. I'll be part-time again next year - same room, different classes. It's been quite a year with lots of goods outweighing the lots of bads.

3 comments:

Carissa said...

I'm glad to hear it. The good outweighing the bad part.

As always, I loved the photos of Abby and can't wait for more. :)

gram ding said...

She is so cute! This grandma misses her so much!!! xoxo

3dingsandadog said...

We can't wait to meet her! I can't believe she is almost a year!

See you all soon

Barb